Even though I’ve always loved to write, it’s been a little over a year since I started blogging. It’s been an interesting roller coaster of writerly emotions so far. You know, you start out, get your page all set up and think “Now what the hell am I going to write about?” You get a few posts under your belt and realize, “Hey wait a minute. Is anyone ever actually going to read this shit?” This is swiftly (you hope) followed by getting your first follower and first “like” on a post and you think, “Holy crap someone actually read my shit!” It’s all down hill from there folks. You start hankering for likes and follows like a drunk needs his cheap beer, lurching along and pretending to be a functional part of society.
Are you a blogging addict? Here are some signs you just might be:
1. You find yourself saying things like, “Wow, that was so fun! I can’t wait to blog about it!”
2. You take a college level English composition class, with the thought that it will improve your blogging skills.
3. You think of a weekend getaway as an opportunity to catch up on your blogging.
4. Your spouse says things to you like, “You aren’t going to blog about this, are you?”
5. You take a picture of your adult beverage on girls’ night out so you can blog about it later. (Addiction is severe if you go ahead and do the blog from your phone.)
Did you enjoy this post? Be sure to check out more of my work on Amazon.